Educational Psychology

This page contains blogs posted by me. These blogs will have some reference to topics discussed in class or in our small group meetings.

Monday, April 20, 2009

"Mock Meeting"


Tonight in our usual Monday night class, we did some role playing. It was very engaging as a student. I had the role of being a fine arts teacher. I was supposed to defend my department by explaining why the fine arts are important in school. This was somewhat of a task for me because I am "anti-artsy". Anyways, it was really interesting to hear all the different points of view on the main topic, "how to develop a High Stakes Community School."


Many opinions were heard, parents of high achieving students, parents of low achieving students, local businessmen, teachers, students, and more. I am not sure if this "school" would ever be possible. I think this because the entire night was a debate, if that many people disagree on one issue, it will certainly be a challenge to convince parents, teachers, community members, as well as anyone who has some sort of tie with the school to be in favor of such a huge change.


I think class itself was very informative. I learned just as much as any other class but in a more interactive way. I believe there are ways to teach to make students excited and WANT to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment